How much does it cost to run a Riptide hot tub?
Many companies make spurious claims about the running costs of their hot tubs, and there are very few that can prove the low energy consumption of their products.
Use Prestige Collection or Starlight Collection for 6 x 30 minute sessions per week with a maintained water temperature of 39°C, and the average weekly electricity running cost starts from £5-£10 per week. This figure is based on the average weekly cost, worked out over a one year period, with the spa installed outdoors in the UK.
Calculating Your Monthly Cost
To get an idea of the potential running costs of your new Riptide spa, use the energy calculator below. It uses the actual documented energy consumption of the specified Prestige model during heavy use, based on third-party testing.
What makes Riptide Spas Energy Efficient
Riptide hot tubs are truly the most energy efficient spas on the market today, meaning substantially lower running costs than others. Whilst some hot tub manufacturers claim to fully foam their spas, quite often the foam used is low density, which has far less benefit than the total insulation you get with a Riptide.
Energy Efficient by Design
Riptide spas are the most energy efficient hot tubs because of a few key factors:
- Multiple layers of foam inside the spa cabinet which reduce heat loss to a minimum
- Low current SilentFlow circulation pumps which give round the clock filtration, whilst consuming less energy than a domestic 75W light bulb
- Equipment compartment specially laid out to route warm air from running gear back into the system to reduce energy required heat the water.
- Tailored to fit covers with high density foam which creates a seal against the hot tub shell, minimising heat loss
- Spa water temperature is kept at a regular temperature, which stops an energy wasting cooling and heating cycle
Energy and environmental efficiency is important to us.
Riptide understands the delicate nature of today’s ecosystem. They strive to develop products that give back more then they take, and we are conscious about the balance between the environment and your hot tub.
For this reason, they are continuously seeking ways to improve the impact of their products on the environment, both in their processes and the materials that go into manufacturing. For many years, the company has been the leader in energy efficient spas and has received many awards. One of our constant key initiatives is to become a greener company.
Riptide are always striving to find new ways of lessening the impact their activities have on the environment, particularly during the manufacturing process, these include..
- Powering manufacturing using their own on-location generators, which lessen the load on the local power grid
- Giving back waste and excess material used in hot tub sidings given to suppliers, for further use and recycling
- Spare material after forming Riptide hot tub shells ground and reused by suppliers
- Waste metals taken to a recycling depot to be reused in new and useful items
- All brochures and marketing printed on recycled paper