Ultimate Hot Tub Winter Tips
While you might feel inclined to spend the winter hibernating indoors, your hot tub doesn’t want to follow your lead. In fact, using your hot tub in winter has many advantages we feel this time of the year is the best season to be enjoying your garden retreat — follow a few tips to stay safe and keep your hot tub in prime condition.
- Invest in a Good Cover. Make sure your Hot Tub is well-insulated and has a tight-fitting seal. A high-quality cover in top condition ensures your Hot Tub is ready for use at any time of the day, even when the temperatures drop. Riptide Hot Tubs benefit from fully tailored marine grade vinyl covers.
- Don’t use a shovel to remove snow from the cover. If you’re not careful, the blade of the shovel will dig into the cover, ripping through the barriers and causing the hot tub cover to take on water. This will dramatically reduce the lifespan of the hot tub cover, it also dramatically reduces its ability to insulate! Instead of using a shovel, clear snow off of your hot tub cover with a soft broom or a brush
- Change Your Water Early. If your tub will be due for a scheduled water change during winter, it’s a good idea to shift it to earlier in the year. Changing water while the outside temperatures are low can be particularly challenging, as there’s a risk of water freezing and damaging components.
- Stay Hydrated. It’s always important to stay hydrated when you’re using your hot tub. During the winter, you may want to drink warm or room-temperature beverages while soaking to keep yourself hydrated.
- Holiday Without Worry. If your winter does involve leaving the cold behind and heading somewhere warm, rest assured your Riptide Hot Tub will be fine without you. Consider adding our in.touch2 system, which will remotely monitor your hot tub and alert you and your dealer to any potential issues, no matter where you are in the world. If problems arise, your dealer can arrange to have them fixed without disrupting your vacation.
- Winter Celebrations. The winter holidays are a perfect time to enjoy the company of close friends and family. Your hot tub can serve as a unique and memorable site for a festive winter gatherings. (alcohol can increase the effects of dehydration)
For any questions you may have about hot tub use, don’t hesitate to get in contact. Find out about Riptide Hot Tubs and their exceptional energy efficiency ratings in any season. You can even request a price quote or a brochure here for more information.